Many struggling dieters understand only too well that a damaged metabolism inevitably leads to greater difficulty in losing weight and makes long term weight management nigh on impossible. Looking for advice on how to speed up metabolism is all very well but how can you tell if your metabolism really is damaged or whether you are just kidding yourself that you are sticking to your diet religiously?
By answering the following questions, you should be able to get a fairly accurate idea of how likely you are to be suffering from Metabolic Syndrome, which is sometimes known as being Insulin Resistant.
Take a look at the ten questions following and score 1 point for every positive answer you give:
1. Do you find it almost impossible to lose weight when eating a low-fat diet plan?
2. Do you crave sugar or candy and do you get a sugar-rush followed by a drop in mood?3. Do you feel tired, headachy or anxious during the day? Do these feelings disappear following a meal?
4. Do you find it hard to stop eating once you start?
5. Do you crave bread and eat more than one or two slices at a time?
6. Are you tired constantly?
7. Are you thirsty most of the time?
8. Are you often moody, irritable or anxious?
9. Do you have a family history of alcoholism, diabetes or hypoglycaemia?
10. Is your waist to hip ratio larger than 0.8 (if you are female) or 0.9 (if you are male)? To work this out, measure round your waist at belly button level (in inches), measure around the widest part of your hips and divide your waist measurement by your hip measurement.
If your total is 7 or more, then it is almost certain that you are suffering from Metabolic Syndrome, your metabolism is very damaged and you are at risk of developing Type 2 Diabetes. You need to sort out this problem swiftly and would benefit from a health check from your doctor.
If you scored 4-6 then your metabolism has suffered significant damage and this needs to be repaired if you are not to develop more serious metabolic problems. Incorporating as many metabolism boosting tips into your diet and lifestyle as you can will certainly be to your long-term advantage.
If you scored 0-3 then your metabolism is just a little ragged around the edges and can quickly be brought into prime condition by making small adjustments to your diet and lifestyle.
Don’t risk your health by turning a blind eye to the warning signs – you have taken the first step by looking for advice on how to speed up metabolism, now follow it through and take the action that will repair your metabolism, reduce your test score and show you how to lose weight faster than you could have imagined possible.
Don’t delay – do it now before your risk of suffering Metabolic Syndrome increases!